Gryphon AquaSaw - Model C-40
This is the Gryphon AquaSaw, designed for fragging corals with a 42" diamond coated blade. It cuts through corals easily, including serpentine cuts around polyps (Acans, for example).
- 40mph blade speed for very fast cutting
- Designed for saltwater use with all plastic parts
- Powerful motor mounted on top - away from water
- Large platform
- Large water tray recirculates coolant
- Simple, reliable design for low maintenance
- From the company that invented the glass band saw in 1976
- Made in U.S.A.
Normally $439.95 - ON SALE for limited time for $420
14" x 14" x 19.5" when assembled
5" vertical height for cutting zone
110v motor - 1 amp (81 watts is what I measured with a Killowatt device)
Use saltwater in the reservoir, not freshwater. 1/4" to 1/2" of water is plenty and avoids excess splashing.
Change the water each time you change coral species to avoid contamination or chemical issues that could affect corals adversely.